Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body movement!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by OFFRDK5, Jun 23, 2003.

1. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Last time I went out I got me a nice 4 foot sewer pipe shoved into my rocker panel!! Not too serious...the passenger door still closes and theres just a bit of a bulge there. Now I done good!! Does that mean I am wheeling harder or the rig is finally rusting out!!

Went out yesterday and shoved it into a mud pit and I guess I hit just a bit hard. The left side rear panel is way off from alignment. The rear gate refuses to close as the left body panel sits away from where it is supposed to be by a few inches /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif and I have a crease down the center of my body!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I figure you all have done something like this and would appreciate some suggestions on how to repair this. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

It's hard to tell without looking at it. Could be the springs on the low side broke. Or the body mounts on that side rusted out. What's it look like underneath? Does the frame look lower on one side? Are the body mounts still attached? I know that front one underneath the drivers and passengers front floor pan like to rust out pretty good. The rear most ones too...

BlazerMan

3. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Not really sure. Everything is covered in mud!! I have attached a come a long to the sides and have brought them both halfway straight. Now I need to bring just the drivers side rear panel up about 1/2 inch and then everything will go together. Rust..nah there ain't no rust on that thing!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Not really sure. Everything is covered in mud!! I have attached a come a long to the sides and have brought them both halfway straight. Now I need to bring just the drivers side rear panel up about 1/2 inch and then everything will go together. Rust..nah there ain't no rust on that thing!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what hapened to my truck I just did the same pulled it in with a come along and now I have a brace on the inside so it doesn't happen again.
    When it happened the gate was closed, the window was up so the gate opened and shattered the window.
    Now I have a plastic rear window.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif