Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Panel Replacement!!! WOOHOO!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Big Red, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

ok, so here goes. gonna buy all new fenders/door shells/bedsides/tailgate. if i go to LMC they have them all (ofcourse all hafto be trucked to me DOH!!) so. anyone delt with them before? is the truck frieght $100 per item or order? anyways, back to the subject. what does it take to redo the bedsides? i look at where they join the cab and it looks like they're welded to it. im assuming this is true. so that means i would hafto cut them apart and re-weld the new sides in place? i also plan on redoing my whole floor. so i know im gonna be busy with that for a while. thanks again guys!

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I have oredered several small and medium sized stuff from them. all went well. But the bigger stuff? I have never ordered big parts from them. truck freight can get expensive. If you are using aftermarket parts, which a bedside will be, you might be able to get them locally, cheaper than truck freighting. If you truck freight them in and their damaged, thats pretty much your fight. I deal with a place called Keystone auto supply. for all my fenders and doors. I can get new fenders for 95.00 each. Inner fenders for 40.00 each aftermarket gates for 195.00 doors for 80.00. They have a dealer in hartford.
    ]keystone-auto.com
    I am getting a cowl induction hood from them for 375.00
    [​IMG]
    I am doing the same stuff with my 89. The back half of the bedsides unbolt. they are spotwelded on the door jamb, along the b pillar, also on the inside of the b pillar, on the back side. Then there is a small "flap" that is spot welded at the top, were the roof connects. A snap on 5/16 spot weld drill will make EASY work of the spotwelds.

3. justwhatido

justwhatido 1/2 ton status

I did just that, floorboards, rockers, rear quarters, front fenders outer and inner, tailgate, doors, radiator support, grill and all light fixtures.

I also used LMC for many of the interior dash pieces, steering wheel, center console, window regulators, A/C pieces, winshield wipers and washers, battery boxes, and chrome trim.

They were GREAT to work with.

/forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Fred

4. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

kewl thanks guys. ok, so some minor welding to do. thats kewl. i clicked the link and it no worky. o well. i'll search for them later. thanks again guys! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. bablazer73

6. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

thanks for the link, but half the links on the page are blank and u can't tell what they are. but thanks anywho!

7. bablazer73

The links i've been putting up are for a nation auto body supply company. I tried to link you to the "locater" page as they have a dealer in the Hartford CT area.
    they are keystone auto body supply
    www.keystone-auto.com