Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body panels

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NoSmog73, Feb 14, 2002.

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Ok here goes the area that is behind the rear whell opening that bolts to the fender wheelwell. Can that be taking out easily.It looks like there about 8-10 bolts and then undu the seam on the opening and out it comes,Am I missing anything here??? I have to take it out cancer rust above the wheel wheels.... thanks later mike

2. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

It comes apart. If you have that much rust the bolts are more than likely rust to the fender. I took mine apart on my 86 truck and some of the bolts were a bear to turn.

74 Blazer
    Zepplin
    Check out my Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/zepplin1976>http://community.webshots.com/user/zepplin1976</a>

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Cool thanks, Ya isn't that bad but does need to be repaired before it's to bad

4. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Have Fun with It...[​IMG]

Late <font color=green>KEN</font color=green>
    Fremont, CA
    DANGIT it's not a bronco!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/kensk5>My Picts</a>

5. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Thanks this post will help me to but I want to all remove the complete front end how much time do you think it will take and what small things do most people miss like the hood release ect thanks

89 gmc jimmy 35" 10bolt front and back
    but the build up is on the way

6. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Not 100 % sure but it can be done in about 2 hrs and in one piece, You have undo the hood hinges (and take hood off much easier)radiater out the bolts that hold the front to the frame under radiator,bolt that is up and behind the hinges, the one under the rear of the fender below the hinge of coure all the wire,lights,and the radiator hoses and tranny cooler lines I think the bumper and such,also the valanceunder the front grill (you just want to take it off in one piece and check all the places that you think there would be a bolt that would let ya lift it off in the one piece) did I forget anything????? well it is a start for ya..later mike