Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BODY PARTS FOR SALE

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by 87BrnRsd, Jul 30, 2003.

1. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

If any of yall are looking for body parts, then you might want to check this out. A friend of mine wanted me to post this up here, since he is the one getting them. For example, he can get generation 2 fenders for $72 and hoods for $119. He can also get grilles, and almost any other body part. All parts are new, primer black, and in OEM style. He can also get body parts for just about any other car out there, not just blazers. If you need body parts, or need a price, dont contact me, contact him. His email address is doc@triad.rr.com. Buyer will pay all shipping, but he can get quotes. Thanks for looking.
    -Harrison
    BTW his name is Doc.

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

full bed floor? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    full bed floor? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hey man, I dont know if your serious or not, but he said he could get it, but he wanted to know if it is for a truck or blazer. If you are serious, send him an email.
    -Harrison

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Sent email /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Full bed for a blazer

this is the one I got [​IMG]
    Here is the page from my first blazer here
    This is the floor in my current fixer upper [​IMG]
    this is my newest addition here

5. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Is he in NC? If so and close enough to pick it up i need a new drivers side door /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

6. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Ouch! How did you end up with so many rusty blazers? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    -Harrison

7. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Is he in NC? If so and close enough to pick it up i need a new drivers side door /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yes, he is in Greensboro. I'm not sure if he can get doors, but I would think he can. Send him an email and see what he says. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -Harrison

8. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

should i assume they are aftermarket body parts?
    aftermarket parts usually are as of good of quality as OEM.
    thinner steel, wont align, flimsy, corrosion resistance, etc.
    just know what you buy and if you do buy aftermarket, at least make sure the parts are CAPA certified, there is a little better chance of them fitting properly.

9. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Alright, I just talked to the man with the parts. He said that they are aftermarket, but are capa certified, and all parts are guaranteed. If you are not satisfied with the parts, he will refund your money.
    -Harrison

10. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Ouch! How did you end up with so many rusty blazers? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    -Harrison

[/ QUOTE ]

because thats all that exists in IL, you wont find a clean anything vehicle from here unless its from south or west, those ppl down and out there have it made ! they have no idea what true rust is, not event he slightest clue, we have leaf hangers rot all way through and cab mount frame brackets rot away around here, stuff thats steel wont lasdt long outside around here in the upper midwest !
    why do you think old trucks dont exist around here, and cars and anything before the late 70s.. even late 70s is all scrp around here, if you can even find any

ppl elsewhere in rust-free lands just plain dont understand or realize this..

jeremiahs blazer is typical normal rust for IL, ive seen helluva alot worse !
    no lies or exaggerations

i hate ppl out west who scrap vehicles that are 95% clean because they claim they are too rusty to run or fix, thats just plain insane and stupid. we drive and spend tons of cash on worse than they all scrap constantly left and right, no joke ! kills me.. big time !

i dont care how much thos eout west or south complain about living expense costs and registration costs and so forth, you all just got it plain old made out and down there as far as old vehicles and their conditons go..
    ive seen alot of rust free clean OLD blazers go for 2000 or 2500 alot ! tons, frickin cheap ! see them for sale all the time... too far away for us up here though, we are jsut plain SOL and forced to hunt and hunt our arses off to gfind a junky rusted out POS and spend gobs on trying to repair and drive them! soemthing you guys elsewhere would laugh your arses off about and totally put it off as a complete waste, in which in fact i agree with because i hate rust and am sick and tired of it and i wont put anything into a junky POS i will wait til i can go get a clean body of a truck out west or south and go bring it here to run,
    you all see tons of 75 and older K5's running around, i think jeremiah has the only current on in the midwest that i know of, i had a 72 that was even worse shaope then his is, i parted it cut up what didnt fall of and apart by itself, the bedsised compeltely ame off the truck just by pushing them off by hand, thats how rusty trucks get around here,

ive seen two first gen K5s in my entire life around here, very few 72-77 pickups, could count on three or less hands how many ive ever seen around here.
    suburbans and K-5s are worse any year, except a coupel 86 ones runnign around and they are ate through bad along the gate bottom and rockers outer and inner, junky already pPOS but worth way more than the 2000 or 2500 out west fo ra clean one,.
    way too rare of a truck breed for here. ppl want to get billions out of rusted junk here

off my soap box now, now back to the thread topic thats meant to be in this thread unless jeremiah doesnt care,

hope you find enough to fix yours man /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

somehow..

good luck

11. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Your right, I didnt understand that. I bought my blazer here in NC, and the only rust it has on it is in two small spots maybe the size of a penny, where the paint was scratched off. Now I realize how lucky I am.
    -Harrison

12. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

hey R72KS, i feel your pain, i might have it even worse being that im only about 10 miles from Chicago! only place on Earth that uses more salt is maybe Mc Donalds!
    i look at an '84 about a month back. the guy listed it as new trans and transfer case, 6" lift 35" tires. what he forgot to mention is that there were pieces of 2x6 lumber holding up the bed floor. it needed new inner and outer fenders, doors, rockers, 1/4 panels, tailgate, well basically all it was good for was a frame and interior, a steal for $3400(yeah right).

or the other guy that told me the tires, gas tank, and muffler were new, glass was good, and there was no rust.
    i drove 30 miles to see the tires, gas tank, and muiffler that were probaly new 5 years ago! the rust was minimal because it was all bondo.

so this past saturday i had purchased a 1988 k5, 350 auto, with 4" lift and mis matched 33's riding on ghettofablous 80's style aluminum rims for $700.
    the bed floor was replaced, one rocker was replaced with the replacement for the other side sitting in the back seat, and 2 new inner and outer fenders.
    it rides and drives great, purrs like a kitten. in a few weeks it will ALMOST look like it rolled of the show room floor. im making sure i use plenty of POR15 and undercoat the hell out of it.