Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body parts not available in LMC or JC Whitney?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 74k5inVA, Mar 18, 2002.

1. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

I was watching trucks! on tnn when they were doing the floor replacement on their bronco. I was noticing that i really need striker plates (is that what they called them? the part that holds the door bolt.) but i can't seem to find that part in any of my catalogues. who make em? thanks.

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Ah, new striker bolts, eh? Just call up your local GM dealer, they are cheap and come with that plastic bushing too. If they been on there a while then you may need big set of vice grips to get them off. I can never get the torx bit to work when I really get after it

3. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

are you refering to just the bolts, i need the whole body piece that fits into that sidewall.

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Hit the junkyards..

5. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I would CALL LMC--- they have more stuff than is in their catalog- or check out the Trucks! website- they usually have a list of manufacturers for what they used on specific projects--- maybe they have it?

Brandy

6. BMR

BMR 1/2 ton status

A company called YEAR ONE is like a LMC, they might have some stuff LMC and JC doesn't. I ordered a catalog online it was something like $5.

7. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I'm pretty sure GM has that too. I've never seen that in an aftermarket catalog. I have a printout from the dealer computer with that and the parts available.

8. BUSCO

BUSCO Registered Member

I tried looking in the parts manual but couldn't find the part you are talking about.all I see is the whole frame for the door.If you want that part # just ask.

9. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

I think that part from GM is the whole door frame, that goes all the way around the door, rocker panel and all. Can you just cut a piece of sheet metal for what you need and weld it in? oh, and what time is TNN trucks on? I seem to miss it all the time.

10. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

thanks a bunch, i will look into the whole door frame that might be easier. i know here on the east coast trucks comes on saturdays at one o clock in the afternoon.

11. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

Maybe you could weld in sheet metal for where you need it instead of getting the whole framing. You could also probably get what you need at the junk yard.