Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Parts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Scuba Steve, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Registered Member

I need some help in finding some body parts. The dealer cant help me, and their are no K5s in any of the junkyards around here. I have also looked in just about every catalog out their. Well im looking for the drip rail and the cab extension on the drivers side. Mine have major rust damage from a F'd-up repair that the previous owner did. I can find the drip rail, but I would like to get it all at once and not have to fab the extension. As far as I can tell both are spot welded and sealed to the rest of the body.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

"cab extension" Clue me in to exactly what piece this is, I should be able to get the part number from my 85/86 manual, and then you can check if its still available. Should be, I'm assuming same piece 81-91?

3. Scuba Steve

The cab extension is right behind the door above the quarter panel. If you look at it, its about 4 inches wide and goes from the bottom of the roof to the top of the quarter. It would be easy to fab if it was just that, but it also goes under the drip rail and wraps around the back to where the the seal is for the top.

4. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Well, not sure it's what your looking for, but this is the best I can get given the description...

Moulding - Roof Drip 355679 LH
    355680 RH

The only "extension" I see the doesn't go all the way to the floor is:

Extension - Body side otr 355617 LH
    355618 RH

According to a search no one has the passenger side for the extension, and two dealers have the drivers side:

BOB MAGUIRE CHEV
    Address: 840 RT 206
    BORDENTOWN
    NJ
    Business Phone: 609-298-3600

PROFILE MOTORS
    Address: RTS 16 & 112
    CONWAY
    NH
    Business Phone: 603-447-3361

I'd try the Bob Maguire one first. Just call 'em up, ask 'em if they truely have it, and give your credit card and they send it....

BlazerMan

5. Scuba Steve

Thanks dude. BOB MAGUIRE CHEV hooked me up. Only problem is the price, $80. But its easier then trying to fab it, that would been a pain in the ars.

6. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I hope it was the part you were looking for, the Chevrolet parts book shows it on the upper half, while a collision manual shows it on the lower part. I trust the chev illustratiolns more than the collision manual..
    The collision book has been wrong before.....