Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Prep

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheGeneral, Aug 16, 2001.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Getting ready to Rhino Line my K5 in and out, have spent all week in the garage, pullin dents, sandin, welding, cutting, and priming. One more day then off to Rhino. Just want to say, my "best tool" just changed from my BFH to high pressure washer. I have a 3800 psi washer, and it worked wonders on undercarriage. Took all the undercoating off. I have to have bare metal, and primed for the Rhino guy, saving big bucks doing it myself. Just for kicks, I wanted to see how strong she was, so I sprayed an old rusted transfer case. Cleaned it up in a jiff, I would have spent hours with a wire wheel cleaning the undercariage, instead about 2 hours with the washer. Still like the BFH though.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

It is amazing what water pressure can do.

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

3. TwoCrowsDesign

TwoCrowsDesign 1/2 ton status

Outta curiosity, what's the Rhino job costing you? What if they had done the prep?

John

John

4. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

600. in and out, that is all prep work done by me. Sanding, taping and everything. I am a cheap-arse, so this is a way I could get it done, but reasonably. Should have finished pictures by Tue night.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General