Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body seals

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rrent, Oct 11, 2001.

1. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Greetings all - I am going to be replacing the old dead seals when I re-install my hardtop soon.
    LMC ‘s prices:
    Door weatherstrips front $60.00/pr.
    Door weatherstrips rear $25.00/pr.
    Roof seal front (across front)$20.00
    Roof seal side (windows) $50.00
    Roof to bed seals $50.00
    Is there a better (cheaper, but decent quality) place to get them?

'72 Blazer mostly stock original "Baby Poop" yellow color

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

try <a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevyduty.com>chevy duty</a>

ARQ.

offroad baja!!!
    72 4x4 CST Blazer
    71 4x4 CST Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/ArqDennis>My Pics</a>

3. I would highly recommend you talk with Paul at http://www.gmcpaulstruckparts.com/ or Ed at http://www.mothertruckers.net/ or Wes at www.ClassicHeartbeat.com These guys are extremely knowledgable about 67-72 Chevy/GMC's and will go out of their way to help you get the right part at a great price. They have unbelievable quantities of used parts and they also sell NOS and repo parts. I wouldn't even think about buying from the big companies before trying these guys. I got a very nice used inner and outer grill for my 69 K20 from Ed for $125.00. They are very active on the boards at http://67-72chevytrucks.com

1969 C20 4x4
    4" lift, 35x12.50x16 Super Swamper SSR's&lt;P ID="edit"&gt;&lt;FONT class="small"&gt;&lt;EM&gt;Edited by yukon_jackk67 on 10/12/01 08:10 AM.&lt;/EM&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/P&gt;

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

RRENT,

We must be on the same wavelength.....I reluctantly got started on the process of re-installing my hardtop for the winter.

For those of you who've been on this list long enough to remember the thread I started back in March called "THE PULLEYS FROM HELL..." know that I still had some revisions to make to my 1-man-hardtop-pulley-removal system before I felt comfortable with it. Mostly, it was the beefing up of the various pulley configurations and putting them all into a double-shear configuration so they wouldn't bend or break off. I am happy to report that I have completed the work, and it now works AWESOME!!! I have pics of everything in case anyone is interested....to be honest, I wouldn't expect much interest until the Spring when everyone wants to get their tops OFF......not ON!

Anyway.....what a drag to have the double-wall top back on. I gave the truck a quick rinse with the hose, and there seems to be as much water INSIDE the truck as OUTSIDE. Looks like at a minumum I need all new door seals.....but I really hate putting any money into a top that I plan on replacing next year.

Thought I'd share, if anyone wants to see pics of the "Pulleys From Hell" now instead of next spring, let me know and I'll throw them onto a Webshots album.

-Greg72

5. I wouldn't mind seeing your pics now. Thanks

1969 C20 4x4
    4" lift, 35x12.50x16 Super Swamper SSR's

6. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

yukon_jackk67 - I'll give those guys a try-

Greg72 - I’ve thought about some kind of top removal set up - but that’s been about all thinking. I hate to put the top on, but haven’t been using the Blazer for a daily driver (I joined the club of over-priced Corvette owner’s a year ago when I bought a ‘77) so tarping it for extended periods isn’t all that cool. With new seals a coat of paint it will be go to go as a rainy day vehicle.

'72 Blazer mostly stock original "Baby Poop" yellow color

7. ks-k5

ks-k5 Registered Member

I'm trying to get a double wall top installed... had a single wall before. Do you have any tips on how to get it done right?

8. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I am going to post the "Pulley's From Hell" information on the '73 - '91 Main Board with a link to the photos. It's kinda hidden here, so I want to make sure that everyone can see it and check it out for themselves.

-Greg72