Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body swap dilemma... opinion question! Vote please!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Thumper, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Well, the body swap is going forward. I have been convincing myself and planning for an extended cab s-10 pickup swap onto my frame. The plans were coming together, and the visions of a tiny box or a flat deck/ spare/ tool box etc. I am getting the 90ish cab for free, and its in really good shape. Today I find out there is a 85ish s-10 blazer that a guy is maybe going to buy the motor out of, then trash the body. He says I can have it for free.... Now hence my dilemma. I need some opinions. Strictly opinion. Strictly visual opinions. I know whats involved in the mechanics of the swap. Either way I dont need any mech advice. I just want an opinion of which type of hybrid you like better. I cant decide.

Please vote in! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I don't have a clue what either of the s-bodies look like, but having extra space (i.e. extended cab) would help! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

I voted S-10 Blazer. I chose the S-10 Blazer to keep mine a Blazer (instead of the pickup cab). I will add, however, that the truck cab will be lighter.
    [​IMG]

4. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

<font color="red"> id say go with the blazer body. u could always pull off the cap and if u really wanted to, i suppose you could section it to make it longer or shorter so you can make ur flatbed and box. only problem would be it wouldn't be very good in the rain or mud, cus of it coming into the cab. but hey, its your choice...i just think the blazer body would work out better...i dunno. lol. just remember to post pics! </font> /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

whats the difference between a s-10 blazer and a k5 blazer? They look the same /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

<font color="red"> lol, not to be mean, btu haven't u pulled up alongside an s10 blazer? they're PUNY!! lol./forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif plus the body is totally different, body mouunts are different too. </font> /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Whats and S-10 Blazer? /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gifYour looking at one.

8. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Well, first off... the K5 Blazers are fullsize. S-10s are mini trucks. S-10 Blazers do not have removeable tops. K5s do. I want to swap to get a narrower body. I really dont like the narrowed front and rear look that guys are doing on here. The widest point at the doors is still the same width. It looks like the preferred body type is the S-10 Blazer... dangit... the extended cab truck cab is in so much better shape. But the Blazer has a std tranny so the clutch pedals will be there. But, the S-10 is half disassembled already. But the Blazer has a rear seat. etc etc etc etc... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Anyways, thanks for the votes... keep em coming!

Mike

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Well, first off... the K5 Blazers are fullsize. S-10s are mini trucks. S-10 Blazers do not have removeable tops. K5s do. I want to swap to get a narrower body. I really dont like the narrowed front and rear look that guys are doing on here. The widest point at the doors is still the same width. It looks like the preferred body type is the S-10 Blazer... dangit... the extended cab truck cab is in so much better shape. But the Blazer has a std tranny so the clutch pedals will be there. But, the S-10 is half disassembled already. But the Blazer has a rear seat. etc etc etc etc... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Anyways, thanks for the votes... keep em coming!

Mike

[/ QUOTE ] I personally like the S-10 Blazer over the S-10 pick up, but if the body is in better shape,..... well. Plus a large frame mounted tool box (No bed) would be pretty cool.

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I like the Extended cab with an ultra short bed...if it's in better shape that would seal the deal for me.

Rene

11. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I think the extended cab body would make a better trail vehicle (lighter, less body to hit). The only disadvantage is that you won't have a backseat.

12. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

I would use the one thats in the best condition, either one would look cool.