Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body swap registration question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gm500hprat, Aug 11, 2005.

1. gm500hprat

gm500hprat 1/2 ton status

I have a 76 gmc pickup. There is a guy selling an 82 k5 for $200 no pink. If I fabbed that k5 body on my truck could I use my title and register it as a 76 pickup? Let me know if anyone has had experience with this or what I should do If I buy it.

2. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

In CA I doubt it, why can't you get a duplicale title for it I bought a bug in Cal the guy didn't have a title for it and he had a bill of sale so we just went to the DMV and got a title for it, suprised me on how easy it was to do.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

VIN is attached to the body, thus title follows the body.

4. gm500hprat

gm500hprat 1/2 ton status

Tks for the info...I plan on making a truggy and looking at the cab structure of the blazer its much easier to build a cage and tie into the frame like stephen from ord did. If the blazer is half gone couldnt I pretty much call it whatever year I want as long as I have a vin for it...Right now my truck is green stickered because it is in noway smog legal. I dont plan on driving this vehicle on the street. At some point though If I ever come across a 73-75 vin I would like the option to drive it on the street If I had to. What do you think?

5. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Man I love living in Idaho. Extent of our inspection they go out see if the vin on wherever matches the title you pay the money you got a license plate. I swapped a body on a sami once no dash (that is where the vin is) they told me to glue the vin down somewhere no problem.