Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body swap with a 74

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thegreatwhiteheap, Dec 18, 2005.

1. thegreatwhiteheap

thegreatwhiteheap Registered Member

i have a 4wd 74 blazer that i want to lower, below stock, eventually. it has been brought ot my attention that the easiest way of doing this is probly to just pull the body of the 4wd frame and put it onto a 2wd frame (plus that way i can pass on the 4wd frame and re-attached donar body, to someone who wants a 4wd with a 4" lift under it).

my question is: what years/models of truck would work for this type of swap and would i be able to take any parts of the engine from the 4wd too? or will i run into problems with trying ot take the motor too?

and better yet does anyone in northern VA/MD/southern PA/WV have such a truck they want to trade with?!

i jsut dont know enough about other trucks to know what would and would not work.

thanks!

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

73-77 Blazer would be a direct bolt up. Pre-'73 will be reallllly challenging.

78+ Blazers have a different floor pan arrangement and would be interesting. You and your welder would be intimately familiar.

Pickups and Suburbans have the wrong wheelbase and over-all size, plus different rear body mounts.

-- A