Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body swap?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Orange Crush, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Orange Crush

Orange Crush 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Can I put a 87 front clip on a 74 tub, and will the fuse block half from the 87 front clip hook up to the 74's fuse block, and how would you do the cowl panel in front of the windsheild. The 74's hood came all the way to the windshield the 87's dont. Oh,and by the way this ain't orange crush it's his brother-in-law.

2. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

front clip will work i have done it on a 2 wheel drive
    fuse block im not sure because we went painless wire
    as far as the hood, a few of the scoops i have seen start at front of the hood and end 4 inches before the window but hang over, gotta be carefull how big of scoop because a friend of mine went stupid and tried to hide his blower with an 8 inch, hood wouldnt open, how he has a lift off hood, lol thats my 2 cents worth

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

You'll have to check the wires out very carefully. I went the other way '87 fuse box and a engine compartment wiring harness from a '78, abd some wires were in another spot...

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

you CAN put the 87 clip on, There are some small differences. Wipers, hinge's, and some wiring. I am trying to put together an article for the tech section. I don't know for sure if the harness will clip in to the earlier wiring. My 73 has an 84 dual headlamp front and the wiring fit right into the junction block. does your 87 have the 4 headlamp system? or 2? I just put an 84 nose on my 76, My 84 nose had the 2 headlamp system, so my 76 wiring fit the 84 nose. No wiring issues. There are only 7 wires for the actual nose clip.
    1 High beam
    2 low beam
    3 running lights
    4 left turn
    5 right turn
    6 horn
    7 brake pressure switch.
    If the harness doesn't clip into the junction block, You can always cut and splice it. Swapping the wipers, hood hinges and cowl panel is a little harder. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Orange Crush

Orange Crush 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Thanks to everyone for the info I think I Know how to do it now. Crush's brother-in-law