Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by buknbronco78, Dec 6, 2001.

1. buknbronco78

buknbronco78 Registered Member

Found a 1975 K5 with a fully rebuilt drivetrain but swiss cheese body. Is there any bodies that will swap without changing body mounts and other stuff that isnt easily changed like drivetrain placement. Thanks in advance.

2. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

If I remember correctly, the full convertible top K5s have a different body than the rest. The difference is where the floor comes up behind the drivers seat. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. There may be other body mounts that don't line up also.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by rampage on 12/06/01 01:29 PM.</FONT></P>

3. 73 K5 Blazer

73 K5 Blazer 1/2 ton status

I have a 73 blazer and I think the only difference is the bracing behind the rockers. The body from a newer blazer should be a straight swap.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I just swapped the rear half of a 73 onto my 81 Jimmy...I had to hand build some new body mount points on the frame to make it work.

Pics of the swap below...

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I believe it is 1973 up to 1980 will bolt up to the same mounts.
    The last two mounts on the frame are the same from 73 to 91.
    The mount in front of the rear seat is the same from 73 to 77 , 78 to 80, but just uses a different body bushing. However the 81 to 91 body mount AND bushing are different.
    the mount under the front floor is the same just uses a different bushing. The front mount in the core support is a different mount and bushing.
    If you really have the time and are patient you can swap any body on to the frame [​IMG]

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's