Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BODY TIME

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Sep 1, 2003.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Ok this is all for a '84 Long Bed

I plan on doing all the body work and painting my truck in a few months but there are a few thing I need help with before I start ordering parts so anything you can offer would be appreicated.

I plan on getting a stock front bumper from ChevyDuty and a 73-80 stock rear bumper the rear bumper will bolt on to my truck with the 73-80bumper brackets right? Also has anyone ever seen there bumpers? They say there triple chrome plated, Im conserned about finish and durablity.

Has anyone ever changed peices of there bed Im looking to replace a peice of mine(chevyduty part #45-753)

I also am looking for ideas for the headliner and door pannels. I want to do somthen custom atleast on the headliner and would really like to cover it(and the door panels) with vinyl.

Now the hood, my hood is probably the worst body panel on the truck so im deffentally replacing it and i want somthing really cool Ive looked at TONS of cowl hoods and I knew what I wanted but never found it then I found this one http://www.glasstek.com/Gallery/8191ctrk4CIHD4.jpg thats excally the style im looking for but I REALLY dont like the company just from reading on there page so if anyone knows of another company that make a identical hood PLEASE let me know.

One other thing I need to replace is the core support... I know this wont be easy but any tips would be helpfull. Should I get one from a junkyard or should I order it from ChevyDuty?

What do yall think of dupont paint?

Last thing I can think of right now is I want to do a H4 conversion on the lowbeams Ive payed much attention when yall talked about it before but do these just bolt in?

2. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

1 more thing this may sound slightly richerish but LMC had some clear corner lenses that I think look way better then the amber ones... well they dont sell them anymore does anyone know where I can find some of these? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

look around on the net im sure you could easily come up with some..and i dunno if JCWhitney would..?

4. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

I think everybody can get that hood. You can also just buy the scoop and put it on yourself.

Get the core support from a bone yard. You'll most likely find one on a truck that has already had the fenders removed. Decide now what kind of grill/headlight setup you want. The core support has stamped out locations for the different setups over the years. You could *make* different styles work, lets say a 4 light into a two light support, but it would be much simpler to get the right one.

Good luck

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

LMC has the headliner with overhead console for mounting either your stereo or CB in. It has speakers, but I don't know what quality if any they are. It's made of plastic, looks pretty cool in my opinion. [​IMG]

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

and u could always swap those speakers out for better ones..