Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Trade - Clean Pickup cab & Bed for a clean K5 tub

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTMike, Jan 16, 2006.

1. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I'm considering swapping out the cab & bed for a K5 tub on my rig. I just need more cab space for the dog than I have currently and would like to have a passenger or 2 in my rig.

I would be keeping the hood, front fenders, front clip and doors and painting to match the rest of the body, thus keeping my flames, but would anyone be interested in such a thing?

If not I may be looking for a rust-free K5 w/ a blown engine &/or tranny for cheap that I can put my pickup cab/bed onto and resell.

Thanks for any input.

2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Might be easier to find a K5 frame and body, since your frame is a bit longer. And you'll probably want an '81-up Blazer body so that your front nose clip will bolt on without modifications. If you wanted stuff up through 1980 I'd say I'd probably have something... but I don;t have anything newer than '81 in a K5 body or frame.

Probably finding a whole K5 to swap running gear with would be the most ideal solution.