Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body trim?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JimmyJuneau, Jun 2, 2002.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

I need to replace the chrome molding on my 85 jimmy. how is it held onto the truck are there screws or is it doublesided tape also if it is taped on do you know how wide the tape is?and where can a get a good deal on new molding????

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

The rear corners where it rounds under the tail lites is bolted on. The rest is stuck on w/ 2 sided tape. The tape is about 1/2 in wide. You should be able to find the mldg at Discount Autozone Pep Boys ETC.

3. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

when I take it off will it remove the paint with it and does anyone know how good the factory paint job was on these it is a wo tone paint job and they swithc colors under the molding?

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

When it comes off it may take some paint w/ it. It did on mine and most 80s GM trucks I have pulled them off of have also taken paint. Remember that these rigs had problem paint to begin with. I just took a look at my pics and it doesnt show up well. The spots that pulled were rather small. My roof on the other hand is coming off in sheets! LOL! What does show up in my pics is whats left of the adhesive on the sides. The adhesive stripes look bad but they look better than the mldgs did.