Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body tweaking

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by solid454, May 23, 2000.

1. solid454

solid454 Registered Member

my body has been pulled away from my tailgate on the pass. side. so now when i hit bumps my tailgate falls down. lost a back window. i think it was from the spare tire rack that was on there before. i need to know how to pull my body back in so my tail gate will latch.

BIG HEAVY AND MEAN

2. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Have you looked behind the sidepanel. Did the tire-carrier bolt through some suporting/strenghtening part of the wall. And maybe weakening it?
    If you can get at it I suggest giving it a few good thughs with a sliding-hammer and weld in some reenforcement metal. either that or just powerslide the truck into a sandbank....

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Espen88k5</font color=blue>

3. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

I like the sand bank idea.Might have to try that myself but it'd probably knock all the rust off and I wouldn't have much left.I have the same problem,I just put a ratcheting motorcycle strap across the inside bed-rails and suck it up.It's not the best way to go but it stops the rattling till I can fix it.Good luck.

<font color=red>Wanna'keep wheelin? Get involved!
    Check the "Land Use" section of this board.</font color=red>

4. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

I've got a bit of a body tweaking problem w/my rear panels after a slight accident as well. My drivers panel had pulled away from the gate. My semi-perminant temporary solution has been a rachet strap strung from one side panel to the other....just tighten it as far as you need. mine however also needs someone to stand inside and push up on the topper as hard as they can to lift one of the tailgate holes up high enough to line up before the drivers side will latch........broken bodies & toppers suck.

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout