Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body work around the rear tail lights...

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ak7, Mar 19, 2002.

1. ak7

ak7 Registered Member

I need to have some body work done around my rear tail light. I don't really want bondo on my truck but that section was punched in pretty bad. I'm not really a body and fender guy. When it comes to repairs the tail light section, should I have a new piece cut and welded or does anybody think a body and fender guy could take care of that?

ak7

2. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

The old-timey fender and body guys can take care of just about any dent without using plastic filler. The problem is that they're pretty rare and because they are excellent craftsmen, they have lots of work lined up for them.

Some of the younger guys who aren't as artistic as the old-timers are pretty good too and can massage almost any dent so that it only requires a tiny bit of plastic filler.

3. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

I think the problem is that the panel is double walled and it is difficult to access it from behind. I agree with Steve, if you can find the right guy he can do almost anything. You may want to compare the prices of your options before deciding.
    Good luck
    JB