Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Work Estimate Requested

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kim tate, Dec 27, 2001.

1. kim tate

kim tate 1/2 ton status

Anyone have an idea what the cost to replace both rocker panels (inner and outer) might be? I've got far too many projects going and the truck just sits!!

2. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

I paid $11.65 for the full rocker outer each. didn't bother with the inner panel. Thats at a local paint shop

<font color=red>Let me at it I can break it</font color=red>

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

do you want them just replaced, or primered, seam sealed, and painted? a little more description of what you want done and you might get more prices--

Brandy

LOVING the new Duramax!!!

4. kim tate

kim tate 1/2 ton status

Only interested in having them replaced. No seam sealer, no primer, no paint.

5. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I would say it would be pretty cheap- the parts are cheap, and I don't think its that big a job for a body shop to do. I think you'll end up paying probably the same for labor as you do the parts. Why are you not even having them primered? are you planning a paint job,,, I had some work done at the same body shop that will be doing the entire truck this spring, and because of that, I think I paid less- Here's why.. they do say $100 worth of work on your truck, they never see you again.... they do $100 worth of work on my truck, (probably more than what they did on yours, more time, better workmanship) and they know that in 3 months, I'll be back to dump down mega $$ for the complete paint job? does that make sense? I think if you are planning a paint job, and your not doing it yourself, I would find a body shop, and explain the situation etc. which is what I did, and got a pretty good deal.

--Brandy

LOVING the new Duramax!!!

6. kim tate

kim tate 1/2 ton status

Finally got a call back from a paint and body shop. The estimate (sight unseen, truck has no driveline at the moment) was $175 per side. Comes to $35 per hour for 5 hours. I plan to do the painting myself, but personal time is at such a premuim these days so who knows. Getting tired of waiting for a day off to continue with this project I started about two years ago.