Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body work help needed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by REDCRO_REDNECK, May 3, 2005.

1. REDCRO_REDNECK

REDCRO_REDNECK 1/2 ton status

I need to know how much work is involved in turning a non-dually bed into a dually bed.

I want to turn my shortbed into a dually

2. REDCRO_REDNECK

3. toomanytoyzz

toomanytoyzz Registered Member

Do a search on www.pirate4x4.com. There are tons of articles with pics concerning bed bobs. Obviously that's the opposite of what you're doing. You're adding instead of taking away. In my honest opinion, I'd look for a used dually bed to buy. Alot of guys buy duallies brand new and switch the beds for readding type bodies or such. There's a company near me that sells beds which are basically brand new for fairly cheap. I've been doing bodywork for the last ten years and I wouldn't even attempt that project. Just my .02 cents!!

4. thor

thor 1/2 ton status

Besides the extentions, there are braces at each end of the wheel opening, and at the marker lights, and a fiberglass splash shield that goes where the box side is cut to the inner fender well. the cut is basically the same size, shape, and location as whe inner well. the factory didn't do a real pretty cut either.

I just cut up and scrapped a dually bed, wish I would have taken some pics for you (or kept the braces, the extentions were both broken)

5. REDCRO_REDNECK

doing some cutting wont bother me, or making innner fenders. This sounds alot like bushwacker cut out fenders to me, you know cut attach block debree from getting into the fenders.

does any company make 3" fender flares that require no cutting? It might be easier using those and the narrower 14 bolt to get me dual rear wheels

again all people who have knowledge please reply