Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body work? or shop? anyone ?

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by purple76pearl, Feb 15, 2003.

1. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

i need to get to work on the body of this thing this summer, need some advise on body work, and need to see if anyone has a shop and can paint, i have everything but a shop, i have painted before but always need advise /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

We might be able to work something out. Ive got access to a shop, but cant paint. Ive done some bodywork. Im not a pro by anymeans, but maybe I could help you with bodywork and you could help me by painting my truck? Ive got welders and plasma cutter and stuff. What kind of body work are you needed done?

3. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

well i have done alot of body work, i can do just about anythign really, i can paint pretty good, but like i say i dont have a shop, i just need someone to help with minor fiberglass and bondo, sanding and masking, not that i cant do it alone, jut better to have someone helping, and yea id help you paint yours, i love to paint, have done several, but not in the last year, so im gonna get in touch with my macig on my blazer, then we can go to town on yours springfield il is a ways from me, but we could figure somethign out for sure, i welded in new floor with sheet metal and new rockers, but there are a few places that where thing and coudltn be weleded so ill have to tape from back or foam, then fiber glass over it, then jut cut some rust out for my bush wacker fender flares, and fix a few spots on body, what all you need done to yours, body work is my first love, im not much of a mechanic, but body im good at /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    body work is my first love

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mean to interrupt this little romantic thing you boys have going on here tonight, BUT...

My idea of body work is covering up my trail "scars" with roll-on bed liner. Does that count for anything? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

-Dan

5. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Let me know when your ready and we will see what we can work out.

6. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Yeah, Im doing theat to mine also, but I need to get the top 1/3rd painted be cause i dont want to use bedliner around the windows.

7. KRAZIE87K5

So you liked my touch huh!??? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I really like it. It keeps all the metal protected from light to medium trail scratching.

-Dan

8. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Yeah, its tough as hell. When i had my K5, the one I brought to your house, I tried hitting the bed liner with a ratchet and it just barely scratched it. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

9. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Trail Scars.....what Trail Scars?
    You gotta get off-road to get scarred!!

sorry, "off-pavement"- More P/C...yadda,yadda,yadda.

10. KRAZIE87K5

You best get OFF my back, or you might get some of your own SCARS, and they won't have anything to do with your rig either! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

-Dan

11. thebigdaddyof2

Simmer down now.
    You'll have more than ample opportunity to scar it up in Hot Springs.
    I'll make sure of it....I'll be your spotter!

Has this thread been ruthlessly hijacked yet??
    Sorry Scott.

12. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

In dan's defense, I did see him get off pavement just yesterday. Yep, he rolled right over the curb and into the grass for a second. From the look in his eyes, there must have been a big brown stain in the seat. That 4" curb dang near did him in. And that's not even getting around to talking about The Brick he could barely roll over. I've never seen this guy "wheel" but I'd bet he spends most of his time on the end of a yank strap. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

13. KRAZIE87K5

Yank strap? The only reason I carry them with me is to pull Todd out from his stucks when he busts crap! No stucks, no breaks for me... YET! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I still have to find spare set of 60 axles to bring on this run!

With the 42's I expect that I might find some breakage... but with any luck that won't happen.

And if you need to see any pics of my truck wheeling, here are a few snap shots... you bastard!
    [​IMG]
    You can also look on Pg.82 of the August '02 Four Wheeler! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif For all that haven't noticed yet, Bryan and I are in the middle of sorting out who is going to be the alpha dog around here... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

-Dan

14. thebigdaddyof2

Hey, are you sure those photos weren't shot on a <font color="blue">Blue Screen </font color> then the background inserted?
    Kinda looks like they were.

15. thebigdaddyof2

At least I can vouch for the validity of this one....

[​IMG]

Has this Laketex guy been offroad much??

16. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Whatchoo talkin bout Willis? I've never been outta the mall parking lot! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif