Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Work Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rtaub15, Jun 17, 2004.

1. rtaub15

rtaub15 Registered Member

Hey guys, i have a few spots of rotted holes on my bedsides on my wheel wells, should i just trim the fenders back? or drop the money for new besides? also i have two gas tanks, (truck used to be a diesel), if i take off one of the doors, and use a lot of bondo, will that sufice for when i get the truck painted? Also where can i find body bolts, because mine has body lift on it and i want to take it off really badly, and put the body back on the bushings, but i need stock body bolts... Does anyone know where I can find them? Would the longer bolts work, i was thinking no.. but its always a shot, just tryin to figure this all out, thank you... /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

you dont want to just start slapping bondo on, it will make it look worse then it does now, and will lead to problems later.

i had to replace some bolts last week, and the consesus was grade 5 bolts 1/2" x whatever length you need.
    mine was 5" for the core support, and 4" for the 2 cab mounts.

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    you dont want to just start slapping bondo on, it will make it look worse then it does now, and will lead to problems later.

[/ QUOTE ] tottally agree just weld up the gas door,it will work wayy better than bondo!!

4. rtaub15

Ok ill do that, thank you, and im guessing go with cutting the fenders an inch to eliminate the rust instead of dropping the money for new bedsides? Oh yea, ok i hope i dont confuse anyone, there is a plate, down by the trans, underneath the flywheel in a way, it isnt there, whats the name of the piece if anybody knows? It bolts to the trans i believe and such, it covers the bottom of the flywheel. THank you, tried to not be too confusing.. thank you very much...

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

You're talking about the dust cover for the trans, they're cheap, like $12 at the dealer when I bought one a couple of years ago.

6. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

For future reference, this would be a great post to go in the new Body Shop forum. After the replies die down, I will have it moved there so it will be easy to find. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. rtaub15

ahh ok, thank you very much.