Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Work, Sand Blasters which one?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerBoy, Nov 21, 2001.

1. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

I have a siphon feed blaster now, I am looking into getting a pressure feed, as I hear they are much better. Would I be wasting my money if I were to buy a cheaper unit from ebay or northern tool, "Central Pneumatic". I can get a decent size unit from about 100-200 dollars, or is it worth the extra money to get a better 300-400 dollar unit? Any Suggestions would be great. Thanks

BlazerBoy
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/generalblueballs/>http://www.geocities.com/generalblueballs/</a>

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Hey Bryan, I have never had any experience with blasters before, but as far as cheaper tools, well there are just that... cheaper. I have found that if your gonna be useing the tool more than just once, or once in a while, it's best to get the more expensive or better quality one. It will save you time,money,and headaches.[​IMG]

BTW are you gonna use this on the DEMON?

<font color=blue>It's easier to teach a child than to fix an adult.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>

3. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I bought one of the cheaper ones from Harbor Freight about 4 years ago and have used it A LOT without any problems. I personally think it is definitely worth getting the pressurized unit. They work MUCH better.

'85 K5 : Run it til it breaks, then fix it and go again!

4. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    The pressurized ones need alot more CFM and a bigger tank to run for any length of time. My 3HP 60 gal would only run it for about a minuite or 2. I had to use my big compressor to get anything done. The siphon guns work great if you are only doing a small job

"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness"
    Luke
    84 K5

5. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I recently used both types when cleaning up my 14B/D60. The size of your compressor will be the determining factor in what kind of a job they do. The pressurized unit I used was from Harbor Freight and did a good job as long as it had about 120+ psi. My compressor could not keep up with the unit for very long, but it did a good when it had the proper pressure.

Derf00