Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body work

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87blazer31, Nov 4, 2006.

1. 87blazer31

87blazer31 Registered Member

Im currently deployed to iraq and before i left i herculined the bottom half of my blazer cause i was to cheap to get a decent paint job..but now that ive saved the cash i would like to get it off and do the body work to get a paint job...does anyone know a way to get this stuff off? anything would help

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I don't know about Herculiner, but line-x doesn't come off easily. It's all work, there's no magic chemical or method. Razor blade & a scraper.

Personally, I wouldn't bother,I like the herculiner look. I had my whole K5 Line-x'd, inside and out.

BTW, thanks for your service! :bow:

3. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

Use a scraper to get it started and start peeling it off in sections. Good luck.

4. looloozu

looloozu Registered Member

I had the same prob with my jeep. I did the same thing put it on temp and it was a pain to get off. BUT!! if you go to your local napa they have a product in there catalog that will take it off. It worked for me. Its special order and its cheap. Ill get the part code for you ASAP.

5. danny7139

danny7139 1/2 ton status

FIRE! :D no really, I agree with zeroz400 the stuff at napa does work well