Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Work

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerGuy, May 19, 2000.

1. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I had a collision awhile back and it messed up the quarter-panel. I think I'm going to just replace it. My question is do you have to cut the thing out with a torch or is it just a bolt-on operation? thanks

<font color=green>Money</font color=green>--&gt;Blazer

2. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

You'll have too cut the old panelout too replace it.I would use a cut off wheel of some sort.Sometimes the heat from a torch will distort the metal making it even more of a bitch.

3. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

First buy the new panel, then size it up before cutting. make sure there is an over lap between the old and the new. They make a pair of channel locks you can get at J.C.Whitney's that will bend a 1/4 inch indentation in the edge of the existing panel so that when you lay the new panel on top of it it will lay flat and leave you something to weld to. The inclosed attachment is way out of proportion, but I think you will get the idea...

<font color=green>[​IMG]Eagle86K5[​IMG]<font color=red>
    Masonry...It's a Good Thing
    2B1ASK1

4. ED70K5

ED70K5 1/2 ton status

What do you think of buying panels from JC Whitney catalog?? The price is right for a new set of rocker panels for my K5.

5. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

if you want a bit heaver panel , get them from LMC, otherwise the ones from Whitney are alright, I have used them, no problem...

<font color=green>[​IMG]Eagle86K5[​IMG]<font color=red>
    Masonry...It's a Good Thing
    2B1ASK1