Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body work

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by James90, Jun 3, 2000.

1. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

I have herd that you 2wd guy are real good with body work and makeing your blazers look nice. so how would you take a dent out of a rear panel right behind the tire and what tool do I need.

thanks

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

That's a very vague question, James. How bad a dent is it? What size? Is the paint all chipped or cracked? Some minor(even large) dents can be "pushed" back out from behind with a rubber mallet or regular hammer with a piece of wood in between. A small, less than 1/8 deep, dent can be filled with "bondo" smoothed and repainted. All the old paint needs to be ground away to provide a good foundation for the bondo. Good body work takes lots of practice, patience and a little talent. I'm just an amature, but can usually get decent results......eventually. If I can help anymore.....just ask again.[​IMG]

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

3. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

thanks and sorry about the vagueness I beat the dent with a corss peane hammer it worked good next some bondo I got a book on it and the body work is kind of fun.

Thanks Michael

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hey James, <font color=red>No dents, No proof [​IMG]</font color=red>
    ...later

Rene 81 Jimmy,350,SM465/NP205,FF14 bolt,HD Dana 44,3.73's,4"susp.,35"Grabber MT's,body in progress