Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body work?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by shewheeler, Jul 10, 2002.

1. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I need a hood and 2 fenders prepped and primered. I had 2 different guys lined up and they both flaked on me/forums/images/icons/mad.gif The parts are off the truck and I need this stuff done (the sooner the better) as they are taking up valuable space in and around my garage.

So, anyone know anyone who does body work? On the side would be better, but if you can recommend a shop, that would be cool, too.

Thanks!

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

It's easy.. If I had a decent air compressor,and spray gun I would do it for ya. I did all the body work,and paint on my K5 myself.

3. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I'm sure I probably could do it myself, but I don't have the time, tools, space, and most importantly, the patience to tackle a job like this at this point in my life... ya know?

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Bring them over to my house and we will spend a day on them.. We can do it..Dan /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

5. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Dan-
    Dose that mean that if I get the repairrocker panels above the rear tire panels from lmc that you can help me weld them and smooth them back....LOL..mike
    J/K /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I'm not the best at it but I am getting better..You couldn't see where I welded all my holes on Thumper could you..LOL

7. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

No BUT was that what the <font color="red">herculiner </font color> was for right ?...LOL HE HE HE /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif
    I will try it myself and paint it myself(I can paint better than weld) but got to get the commpresser first..LOL