Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. RacerHead

RacerHead Registered Member

Does a company make a fiberglass body for the K5 ?
    I have a 76 K5, my dad was driving it home from work one day and decided, that he was to take on a stunt man job. He rolled my K5 at least 8 times at 65 MPH. All that is wrong with it is the body, frame is still straight, and drive train is good. at this point I want thinking about making it a Trail Rig only.I know people make fiberglass for jeep body, have not had any luck on K5 though.

Thanks

2. buick528

buick528 Registered Member

Yes,us body source makes a diect replacement or you could get a bummer body.

3. 91K5

91K5 1/2 ton status

I checked out the ones by US Body a while back, I think they're to the tune of around 6,000 dollars by the time you get it to the door, before installation and painting it. The Bummer bodys aren't made anymore, GM sued them.

4. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

If your going for a trail only rig, why not get a truck cab and make a flat bed. Just an idea.

5. RacerHead

RacerHead Registered Member

I was got to thinking about a fiberglass body. it was just an idea. I'll proberly cut up the front and back sheetmetal for a better aprach angle, on the trail. The only thing that is kepping me from driving it is a broken rear tail light. I can still safey drive it. it has no front window though.