Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bodywork questions

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by AGM73k5, Oct 1, 2001.

1. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

My little brother's friend has a few tiny creases no more than a half inch long in his hood and on the fender of a 2001 Civic. The creases are only visible if you look at the car at exactly the right angle but the guy wants to get them fixed anyway. Is this something that is relatively easy to fix or not? I'm no bodywork expert, I've done a few bondo jobs and primered a few things but nothing on a vehicle that was in such pristine condition otherwise. Any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated, if this turns out to be something I can do for him I get some $$$ for the blazer :)
    Thanks,
    -Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

A few creases? Man total it and have him get something with a bowtie on it![​IMG]LOL. Can you get to the back side and tap then out with a body hammer? if you can tape up the paint so it doesn't flake off, use a masking tape. If the vehicle has a clear coat on it you're gonna have to repaint the whole hood and the whole fender, cus I don't think your gonna be able to get it to fade in properly. Ever try the toilet plunger trick or use dry ice? if they are small enough these should work.

<font color=red>Defeat is not being knocked down, it's not getting back up</font color=red> <font color=black>Stand Strong, Stand United</font color=black>
    <font color=orange> 1955 Willy's</font color=orange>

3. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Check with a "paintless dent repair" co. These guy can work mirricals, I've seen 'em in action. Around here, the co. names are Dent Pro and Dent Wizard. These guys are mobile, and cruise the used car lots, looking for work (but are not owend by the used car lots). So, call up a few used car lots, and see who they recomend. Then bring the car down to them, make it easy for them, and they should go easy on you for the bill. Generaly, about $45 to $75 seems to be the norm.

Good luck,

<font color=blue>Twiztid</font color=blue>

4. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the tips guys :) I'll take another look at the creases, it looked like they were over the hood supports which may mean that I have to attack them from the top. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

-Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com