Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bogger Performance

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by blk87K5, Jul 2, 2002.

1. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Ok guys, I am looking to buy a new set of tires, /forums/images/icons/smile.gif and can't decide on which set. I want something in the 37-42" range. Many people swear by boggers, but I am not sold on them. I don't ever play in mud, so my main concern is in the rocks. I have heard of problems w/ lateral traction on sidehills. Have you guys experienced this? How have boggers worked for general trail use in Texas/Ok? If I buy a set, they will be grooved & siped. Interco offers the boggers in sizes I like, but like I said, I am not sold on the tread design. Would a SX work better for general TX trail abuse? I have also thought of the 37" MT/R. I currently have a set of Claws and like them, but they are 35's, and just aren't cutting it for tire heigth. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Thanks for the info...

2. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Boggers are more for the mud runners, I have sx's and they do danm good on about any terrain.

3. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

I have boggers and if you're planning on hitting rocks I'd say go with the tsl. Lateral traction could be improved with grooving, but from what I read and heard you can't go wrong with the tsl for an all around offroad tire.

4. sluggo45acp

sluggo45acp 1/2 ton status

I cant answer from experiance but I believe Marsha and Eddie have had real good luck with there tsl's on ol-spot. So you might want to ask them.

5. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

I have had both sets Boggers & T.S.L. the tsl is a much better tire I think. the Boggers don't do worth a crap on the rocks. Run the TSL and sipe them. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

As I am planning my year-long (or more) build-up, I have started looking at these as well. The 44s in either are nice because of their height and the width, but we have both seen the damage the torque caused by the extra couple of inches.

I like the 42 height in both tires, but that only comes with 15 width. Sure would like some more width. The TSL has a 38.5 that gives an extra inch in width, but that isn't worth the sacrifice of the 3.5 inches in height. The bogger offers an 18 inch width in a 39.5. That is a very appealing size, if not for the tread design.

If it were me, I would go with the 42/15 in the TSL. Just hard to go against height. If that is too tall of a tire, I would drop all the way down to the 38.5/16 to gain that width. I would skip the 39.5 in the TSL.

7. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info., Hopefully I will have some new tires in a month. Probably going to buy a winch first, no, I am not getting married, then I will see what the bank account looks like.

8. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

you know what i would like to see is a 42x18x15 TSL SX.

YEAH that would be nice. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Wouldn't that be the perfect tire?!?

10. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

I would to. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

11. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

I have heard that Interco is developing a true 40" SX. One of the guys that wheels with us also wheels with the Interco crowd, so hopefully it is true.