Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Boggers in the snow?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5thatShmobs, Dec 10, 2002.

1. K5thatShmobs

K5thatShmobs 1/2 ton status

Any opinions/experiences on Boggers in the snow? How do they do?

2. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

Deep snow is just like mud to them put light snow is like ice they act like skis more than tires. If you know how to drive in snow you will be fine though.

3. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

I've got the 38x11x16 boggers. Love them in the snow. As long as it is deep. Stay away from ice.

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I plan on finding out. Do you mean really deep snow or driving on the street? Some of the snow runs last year involved driving on roads with over 10 feet of snow. If I aired down the 40" TSL's to 4 pounds, It worked well. I am hoping the wider boggers will do better.

5. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

The difference with the boggers is less rubber on the surface so on ice or a street with a couple of inches is going to be a little slippery, and even if you air down it's not that much of a difference, but in deep snow, anything from half a foot to any thickness, is great with the boggers.
    Anyway what ever tire you have, when on a street always go slow and be carefull, it's not just the tires but the height, weight and all the changes that we make to those trucks that makes them so capable off road and makes them quircky on the road. Don't be a statistic, be carefull. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif