Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bolt-in steering box frame support

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TwistedSkipper, May 24, 2006.

1. TwistedSkipper

TwistedSkipper Registered Member

Matt, thanks for your advice on CA smog. It makes me consider moving to AZ instead! Has anyone here experienced the occasional "death wobble", it seems to happen when one side go's over continuous bumps i can feel it begin, then BAM jumping really bad side to side, front wheels in a chaos. DO you think it could be frame flex? i hear this is a weak point w/old blazers.

2. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

death wobble usually is something else.. dont think that is it..

did you jackup your front end... put jackstands under both sides... then check.... balljoints, tierod ends, kingpins (if you have them).... hub bearings... something in there is going bad..everytime someone mentions death wobble... someone says... you need a stabilizer shock.. or duals... they will only mask the problem.....

try that and see what is actually worn out.... bet there will be something....

Good luck finding it, hope it dont take too long..... weekend is coming.. TIME TO GET OUT WHEELIN!!! :haha: :bow:

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

If its jumping side to side badly you may also want to check your U bolts.