Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bolt on Exhaust . Where and How much?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76chevy, Jul 25, 2002.

1. 76chevy

76chevy 1/2 ton status

Where can I get a bolt on exhaust . I want to get one from the headers back. I don't want to pay the $500 I've been quoted for welded exhausts at mufler shops.

Both sides need to be replaced. I have 76 truck with a 350 and dual exhaust. My pipes need replacining. My mufflers are only two years old so they don't have to come with a kit but if they do it is o.k.

I've seen the Kit in the LMC Truck catalog. Is there anywhere else I could look?

Do those exhaust resonators work or do they make it sound too loud and anoying?

2. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

Dynomax makes a kit, you can get it from jegs for $110 for blazers(p/n 89005) and $100 for pickups(p/n 89004). The only hitch is that its 2 1/4 inch pipes. I also have heard that it will only bolt up perfectly to dynomax headers. But you should be able to get it to work with other makes /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

It sounds like you allready have duals. If so I would take the system out and take it to the shop and have it dublicated in whatever size pipe you want. I have the Dynomax kit with the headers and it still didn't fit right for me /forums/images/icons/mad.gif . I have heard of it working well for others though.

James

4. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

JC whitney sells a dual kit if you want to super el cheapo. Other wise I have the dynomax kit and summit racing headers and I had to have the muffler shop tweak it to the tune of an additional $70. It just didnt fit quite right.
    Brent

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Dynomax fit perfect on both of my trucks! I've got a manifold kit on my 2wd and a header kit on the 4x4.

6. 76chevy

76chevy 1/2 ton status

I forgot to mention I have headers already. The kit from Jegs sounds just like what I was looking for. Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction.

What is the drawback of 2 1/4" pipes? Don't you want smaller pipes for low end torque?

Well come to think of it I could use a little more power on the road too. If I went with 2 1/2" pipes would I loose too much low end torque? I still have the stock motor with a few upgrades (MSD ignition, wires, coil, Edlebrock intake and electric fan) but I could use more power. I can spin the 33's if the front drive shaft is out (I have a fulltime 203) but I do want more power since it feels slower with the driveshaft in and it seems like I can't keep up with traffic unless I almost floor it.

It seems like the 2 1/2 would help more for the road and the 2 1/4 for pulling and off road. Am I right?

Sorry about being long winded. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

7. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Dual 2 1/4" pipes flow plenty for a mild small block.

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Smaller pipes do not make more torque. You won't lose any power at all going with 2 1/2", but you might not gain any either.