Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bolt on Exhaust

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Eric, Dec 13, 2000.

1. Eric

Eric Registered Member

I plan on purchasing some Edlebrock Headers (#350-6863) for emission-equipped vehicles for my 86Fullsize and trying to locate the easiest bolt on replacement exhaust system. Unfortunately, I was told there is no Edlebrock Total Exahust system for my 86.

I was advised to purchase the Hooker Cat-back system for 87-91 Blazers (#16828) and just want to make sure that it will indeed bolt up to my Edlebrock headers and cat. Hooker does not offer anything for 86 though, was this because of the catalytic converter?

Thanks for the help.

One eyed super fly- watch out!
    86 K5 Blazer

2. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Eric, check with the local law before you change to headers. Some states don't allow headers. You'll have to use a cat back system with your year of K-5. LMC sells a dual exhaust system. But it isn't street legal for an '86. You'll have to convert it to a "y" pipe after the CAT.

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Flowmaster also has a bolt on exhasut system for our Blazers. I beileve it is like a cat back system.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com