Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bolt on mulit link suspension

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by VisionxOrb, Oct 10, 2001.

1. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

Hi, I was thinking that ORD should make a bolt on ( or atleast as close as possible ) 3/4 link front end kit manly because of the travel it can have. I do ( or try to aleast ) alot of prerunning in my k5 ( currently front 4 inch with 1 addleafs and extended shackles and rear 2 inch springs with flipped shackles and highly trimed fenders) and basicly need alot more travel. the rear im thinking of highly extended leaf springs but thats not really practical on the front and building my own link\coil setup is way out of my abilities. anyone else think this is a good idea?

2. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

Designing a bolt -on link/coilover suspension is probably not a viable option, (even for ORD) because of the number of variables from vehicle to vehicle. so many things come into play with a conversion form leaves to link/coils that it would likely be impossible to make one "standard" bolt on kit. But If you give Steven a call, or make a post to him in the ORD forum, Im sure he could give you a basic plan and many pointers on how to set up a link frontend. Another good person to talk to would be Steve Frisbie (85m1009 is his username ithink, check his site: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.mooffroadoutfitters.rockcrawler.com>www.mooffroadoutfitters.rockcrawler.com</a>) he designed his own 3 link with the help of Steven Watson. Good luck.

--matt
    <font color=blue>86, 350 crate, 33's.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Lop Sop Doi Off-Roader</font color=red>

3. i would like to see a kit similar to the warn/black diamond coil set up they used to sell for jeeps. a local shop here used to install them and they looked cool as hell. i don't know why they couldn't make something like that for a k5. still, it was not a bolt on. brackets had to be welded on to the axles and such and it was about $4000 installed- ouch. still very cool.

<font color=blue> Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

</font color=blue>

4. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

I saw a blazer with the frd TTB system bolted on it was lifted 6" with33s

88k5 silverado w4"lift <font color=orange>d44 and corp14ff</font color=orange> with 4.11

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Why would you want TTB?

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

6. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

mondo wheel travel, dude....

--matt
    <font color=blue>86, 350 crate, 33's.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Lop Sop Doi Off-Roader</font color=red>

7. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

4wheel drive TTB's have gone as far as 22" of travel with a bolt on kit - even more can be obtained with custom beams and CV axleshafts.

Of the 5 toughest dogs in the neighborhood, my cat's ranked #3
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>