Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bolt up, or modify?....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kelboski, Sep 2, 2000.

1. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

a guy has a 10 bolt front, and a 12 bolt rear from a 77 that he is parting out. they both have 4:11 gears....my question is....will they both bolt right up to my 84, or do the spring perches, and the shock mounts have to be modified to make them fit?......i want them to replace my 2 10 bolts, mainly for the gears...thanks in advance...
    Kelboski

2. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

They should fit cause axles on every 73-87 non dually truck (73-91 blazer and suburban) are supposed to be interchangable. Make sure you very that the gears are what he claims them to be. Take the diff cover off and count the gears or jack up the truck and turn the tires by hand once, and count how many time the driveshaft turns and divide the 2 numbers. This doesn't give you pin point accuracy but it is pretty close.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]K5[​IMG]

3. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i like your little jeep recycler, chevy4x4.

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

4. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Thanks, I made it in an anamation program.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]K5[​IMG]

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

There should also be a stamping on the ring with a ratio which should be something like 41:10..

HTH

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com