Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bolts for carb and torque converter please help before hardware store close

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rusty79, Aug 9, 2002.

1. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

need bolt sizes (length and diameter please) and grade for carb studs and for the torque converter to the flywheel if anyone could look it up for me wanna try and get this stuff in after i get off work and a friend was gonna go pick the bolts up for me
    this is a performer intake with stock qjet carb 79 blazer 350 and a th350 tranny
    any help is appreciated
    Dave

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Make sure to keep you receipt ( /forums/images/icons/smile.gif ) but 3/8x16 IIRC is the carb ones (1/2" socket for the head) but length I can't help you with. Drop a screwdriver through the carb, and give yourself a minimum of 3/8" over the carb "thickness", more like 1/2" though is correct I believe. The rear ones are very short though, like 1.5", if you are talking Q-jet, which is what my assumptions are based on.

TC I'd use grade 8, (and I have no idea what size they are, maybe 1/2"?) but the carb I'd go no higher than grade 5.

Just buy a whole assortment, and whatever works, keep, and return everything else.

3. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

cool thank you im gonna go rummage around at the hardware store on tuesday i hope. was trying to get a friend to pick them up last night because i was at work but ill try and get them on tuesday and hopefully everything will fit
    Thanks /forums/images/icons/smile.gif