Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bolts Stripped On Blazer Top

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gassman, Oct 16, 2000.

1. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

Jul 12, 2000
    Have a double wall top and have two bolds that the nut is turnning inside the top.[​IMG] One is right above the gas filler and the other is above the passenger seat, the one that goes though the sunviser. does anyone know how to get to these bolts and how do I repair this so I can put my top back on. Thanks'for any help I can get. [​IMG]
  2. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Mar 3, 2000
    Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    A couple years ago I had the same problem, Only 1 bolt on each side would work. My top had a break at the rear of the top near the bottom on one side and I made on on the other side. With the top off I turned it over and drilled out the rivets between the bolts. The nuts in the top are connected to a metal band that runs the length of the top. Once the rivets have been drilled out take the metal bands with probably rusted nuts attached out of the top. Take it to a welding shop and have them fab up new bands and grade 8 nuts welded to them in the same places. Be sure to mark left and right and front and back of old ones so the new ones will fit. drill new rivet holes in the new bands and install. a little fiberglass work and paint and walla. Only way I could figure to do it and a permanent fix.
    Good Luck.