Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bonds ties The Babe

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Corey 78K5, May 20, 2006.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

:shame: :shame: :shame: What a travesty, He is an insult to the game.
    These clowns now days don't compare to Aaron, Marris or Ruth:rolleyes:

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Barry Bonds sucks.........................

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

X elventybillion

4. ivie29

ivie29 1/2 ton status

I thought it was funny when a few years ago he was playing left field and there was a long fly his way. He didnt even move thinking that It was a homer.You could tell that he was trying to be cool by not wasting his time running to make a play, but then it hit the warning track and he looked like a jackass.:haha:

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Its a tie , no big deal . And Barry Bonds does suck , and not for the alleged steroid use .

I haven't seen the evidence , and I am not on the jury , so I can't comment on steroids ........ although they DO NOT MAKE YOU SEE THE BALL OR HIT THE BALL .

I think Barry Bonds sucks because he is a bad person . He isn't very approachable by fans . He is discourteous . And he is just a douche .

I like guys like the Craig Counsells of the world . They don't make a bunch of headlines , yet they help you win . And any little kid who asks , can get his autograph .

6. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

I guess Barry is an asset to my team, but I have no respect for him, not 'cause of steroids, but beacuse he has no "hustle". Like was mentioned before, he has stood and watched balls thinking they were going foul or over the fence, and they did not, I've seen it on many occasions. What really used to piss me off was when he ropes one real hard, and assumes it's a homer, and just kind of trots to first base, then when it hits the ground in th eoutfield, then he starts running. That kind of crap has cost numerous bases for the Giants.

7. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

glad to see i am not the only one that can't stand him

8. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

did you guys see the ball nail him in the face a couple weeks ago? He had his face too close to the fence and bam! right in the forehead.:haha: asshole deserved it.

9. fred2mihi

fred2mihi 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had read earlier that much of Baseball wasn't even going to recognise his home run accomplishment because of his drug use. I hope they stick to their guns. I think he should have been banned from baseball entirely. He certainly is a blackeye for that sport.
    It's the unknowns like Craig Counsell and Clint Barmes for the Rockies that play their hearts out for the game and never recieve the much deserved attention.

10. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Did any of you see his interview? Dude said he was adding his "two centses" to the game??:haha: :haha: :haha:

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i dont really care about baseball... but I hear lots of former players talk about bonds on espn radio and almost all of them agree that he deserved to be a HOF'er for his pre-98 play alone...

I kinda like Maris myself... mainly because he never got the love her deserved. He had the greatest single HR-hitting season of all time. No roids required, just mad skillz.

j