Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BOOO! Bad Ford Commercial!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blazer_Boy, Jun 22, 2002.

1. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

OK, I'm home on Saturday night with no date... again. I'm on CK5 and I turn around and look at the TV and see the top of this '88-'98 Chevy regular cab sinking into a lake. Then I see this Ford Superduty pulling it out along with a boat hooked to the Chevy. The accouncer comes on bragging out some highest torque in its class crap. When the guy with the Ford is getting into his truck, the Chevy wife turns to her husband and says "well that sunk fast" and the Ford guy says under his breath "Like a rock...".

I can't help but wonder why Ford is always resorting to this kinda of adversting. Oh well, all the Ford's over 20 years old are virtually non-existent.

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Re: BOOO! Bad Ford Commericial!

Ditto! I hates a F'd Over Rebuilt Dodge, failed on race day,F'd on rough dirt,you can hear a ford rust on any type of nite, I'd rather push a chevy a mile than drive a ford,Driver returns on foot,the list is so endless.......Damn!
    Bill C /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Anyone remember the Chevy comercial where at the end a broken light bulb was swinging across the screen? The "ford" better idea light. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif They all do it at one time or the other. Ford had to come up with something cause Chevy's taking over the truck market. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Did yall know 80% of the fords since 1980 are still on the road?.....

the other 20% actually make it home LOL

5. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I try to keep an open mind, but for the life of me I can not understand how they can sell those Super Dutys.
    They are the biggest, seccond thought-slapped togather, hack I've ever driven and worked on. Unbelievable!

It's probably because Ford will finance anyone who can fog-up a mirror.

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

HAVE YOU DRIVEN OVER A FORD /forums/images/icons/confused.gif ......LATELY?! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. 91K5

91K5 1/2 ton status

The only reason Fords even sell is they build 'em and sell 'em so cheap, then make up the loss with their service departments /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

9. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

What I find interesting is that last year furd posted a 5.4 BILLION dollar loss, while GM posted a profit. How can a corporation eat a 5.4 billion dollar loss? I just don't get it.

10. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Actually, Ford stands for:

Flip
    Over
    Read
    Directions

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

11. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Think of all the new tire ford had to buy last year. Of course they posted a loss. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

12. thatK30guy

ZING!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Boo hoo hoo! Poor Ford had to replace Firestone tires at their expense!!! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

13. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Being an owner of both marques, I've gotta say one is no worse than the other with advertising. As far as the Super Duty goes, look at the competition it's had - the 6.5 was no screamer by any means, and GM's 3/4 - 1 ton lineup card really sucked before the Silverado line came out (88-98): IF you could find anything other than a ext cab K1500 Z71 on the lot (atleast in AZ), odds were that it'd be a white C2500 Cheyenne single cab with a 350. Ford also has been responsive to commercial customers' needs where GM has been strictly focused on the "personal use" market. I remember when Ford came out with the fixed-rate repairs at their dealerships GM had commercials saying that they didn't need the fixed rates bacause GM products didn't need to be repaired as often.

14. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Good points, I'd have to say I bought my 74 Blazer for two reasons 1. I've always had better luck with them and can understand whats going on under the hood better and 2.what could be cooler looking than a Chevy...Camaro over must@ng, Blazer over bron<o, yadda yadda yadda.just my 2 /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

15. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

chevs suck.
    I wish i had bought a ford, wouldnt have had to replace the frame!

16. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

once u work at a furd dealership you'll never ever buy one, especially after looking when u look at all the recalls they have. Plus we get new cars w/ single digit miles on em in the shop for f'd up reasons, we had a Blackwood Demo that needed a new tranny, and the new maruader had electrical problems.

phill

17. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

First On Recall Day

18. thatK30guy

All the more reasons to stick with the Yugo's or Daiwoo's!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

19. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Thats funny,I worked for Ford for 8 years and if I ever buy a new vehicle it will be a Ford.In fact Im looking for a Ford tow rig right now.Every manufacturer has there problems but I think Ford makes a supirior product when compared to the rest.

What do you do at the dealership?

20. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

i grew up on fords, never had many major problems, most ran excellent...
    the only reoccuring problem was the exhaust wouldnt last more than a year...
    my parents just thought it was shitty material ford used..
    i certainly didnt tell then that everytime the exhaust fell off was when i was jumping it over a big hump in the road at 70...
    oh the things we do as kids just to impress a few girls
    hahahaha