Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Booommm!!!! -- Booommmmm!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by diesel4me, Nov 1, 2005.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

We just had 2 HUGE explosions not far from my house!! :yikes: :yikes: --a large greenhouse/nursery bussiness is ON FIRE about a mile away!! :eek1: --its a 4 alarm fire!--and all available units from surrounding towns are on the scene..

They said on the scanner that 2 300 gallon propane tanks have exploded already,and they just now got water pressure to the hoses!.(its been burning a half hour already!)--.the place heats the greenhouses with propane,and also uses waste oil furnaces...I brought my drain oil there before!

My house shook like an earthquake,and I'm a mile away!!..I can only imagine how the houses about 100 ft away felt! :eek1: :eek1: ..looks like I'll be glued to the scanner again...2 weeks ago it was the dam 5 miles away--now the neighborhood might burn down!

Ahhh--they just said they don't think the rest of the tanks are in danger of exploding!!...hope they are right!
    :doah: :eek1: :crazy:

2. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Did'nt even have to come to cali to experince earthquake. Cheap thrills LOL. But hope everyone is ok. :doah:

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Yeah, sometimes my tank gets left on accidentally,the valve is slighlty leaking lol, the mapp gas.Just roll down the windows, its fine :D

4. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Good gosh! Bet the windows were blown out on the houses 100 ft away from it! :yikes:

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i remember fuel tanks about 4 miles from the house blowing up when i was 14. it nocked me out a bed.be safe brother. :D

6. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Kool, hope nobody got hurt. Keep us updated! :bow:

7. dwoods

dwoods 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Last year a house about a mile down the hill from me blew up from a natural gas explosion. It sounded like a bomb went off next door. Nothing was left standing of the house and it disloged the house next to it off its foundation. I hope no one is hurt.

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

So how did it turn out?? :ears:

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

no deaths!

The tally so far is 10 greenhouses ,and a huge steel warehouse building,two loaded delivery trucks,a forklift,and several other things totally destroyed!!--part of the warehouse was converted to a "bunkhouse" for 3 migrant workers--who were feared lost in the fire--when the fire department got there,the place was fully engulfed,they could not enter the building..they showed up 3 hours later,they had been drinking at a bar not that far away!..they had to get interpreters to tell them in spanish "all your stuff is burnt up"! :rolleyes: like they didn't know already..

There are conflicting reports on the size of the propane tanks that blew--4 went up in all..it was weird,I heard the first 2 pop about 10:40 that night--I assumed it was kids with some illegal fireworks left over from halloween--they didn't sound THAT loud..but about 30 seconds after I heard on the 11 o clock news a 4 alarm fire was burning there,I turned on my scanner,and it wasn't another minite later I heard and felt the other 2 blow up about 2 minites apart!..one station said they were 500 gallon tanks!--all I know is I saw the 150ft. fireball go up in the night sky--looked like a movie!-- :eek1:

Judging by the noise,and the way our house shook,I'd guess the 2 that blew last were 500 gallon tanks,and the first two were only 100 gallon ones..they BLEW though!--I don't think those lead "melt out plugs" popped out like they should have--they sounded like BIG bombs going off! :eek1:

The fire cheif was transmitting to the station when the last one blew--the dispatcher wanted to know if the other town covering the raynham station could go back to their town(guess they were busy and shorthanded too!)--the cheif was yelling "We NEED EVERY MAN HERE AND THEN SOME!"---I HAVE TANKS POPPING ALL AROUND US HE--BBBBOOOOOOOOMMM!!..then I heard the fire cheif tell everyone "GET THE HELL OUTTA THERE!---EVERYONE OUT!..they then did a "roll call" to see if anyone was missing!--he said on TV the next day the top of one of the tanks landed 50ft away from the firemen,and one fire engine was struck by some shrapnel,and suffered a broken windsheild and minor body damage!..they were still there at 3pm wednesday watering it down,over 24 hrs after it started!..

You should see the warehouse building!--even the steel "I" beams melted and drooped,and so did the upper half of all the sheet metal siding too! ,and the roof is GONE!.:eek1: --all that is left is charcoal,charred plants,melted plastic trays and pots, and mud inside the building--the 2 trucks and forklift were in there too..nothing left of the trucks but charred shells,even the aluminum cargo box melted! :eek1: they were lucky no one was killed or hurt!..haven't heard any damage reports from the neighboring houses not that far away--guess they were lucky too!..the owner didn't have full coverage on everything,(couldn't afford too)-so he will suffer some losses.. :crazy: