Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Booster

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 69K5, Mar 4, 2002.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

Ok I have come to the conclusion that my break booster is bad after going through everything else. What am i looking at to change this?? I have never messed with one of these.

greg if you see this did you get those frame specs? I found some more for 73 up if you need em.

thanks
    nathan

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Undo the link behind the booster, unbolt master cylinder, unbolt booster, remove old booster, install new booster, bolt everything back up and your good to go.

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

triaged

thanks for the help once again! It just seemed like it ought to be more complicated than that. I was just gettin paranoid.
    thanks again
    nathan

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I thought of something else that could make it a bit more complicated. You have to make sure the rod that sticks out of the booster on the M/C side is the same length as the old one. My booster came with directions that explained why. If is is too long the M/C will never return to its resting position (the compinsating? ports will always be open??) and it won't work right. Getting the clip back on pin was the hardest part for me...you will see what I mean when you do it.

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Nathan,

Yep got those specs.....THANKS!

I remember seeing and printing those out at some point.....can't recall the website where I found them. Nowadays if I see anything even remotely K5 related, I always save a copy.......I hate to "recall" seeing something, and then not be able to find it again.

I spent a LOT of time at that one site with all the old K5 road tests and spec sheets.....downloaded EVERY document that was there!!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

thanks again. looks like this friday aftyer i pick up the paycheck i can go pick up a new one. my wife actually didnt question it. must be because it was brakes safety issue.

thanks again

nathan