Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bootie and bling in the same pics....!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by marv_springer, Sep 3, 2003.

1. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Yowza!

Marv

2. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Seen it before, but it's still just amazing. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Eric

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

they have added a few new ones /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yow, I haven't seen that many hsocks on one axle since about 85... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif One pair of 5000s rides like a brick on a roller skate, I can't imagine what 14 feel like. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[​IMG] </font>

6. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Well shhiiiiat look at those blocks!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Think of the axle wrap!

I would use that many shocks to stabalize that rolling time-bomb.

7. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="green"> Yow, I haven't seen that many hsocks on one axle since about 85... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif One pair of 5000s rides like a brick on a roller skate, I can't imagine what 14 feel like. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[​IMG] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Jiminy Christmas.....look at those blocks!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

He probably needs all those shocks to control the axle wrap. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Holy crap, that was some of the funniest stuff I have seen and read in a long time. I really liked how alot of them were Furds! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    He probably needs all those shocks to control the axle wrap. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I was thinking. Might as well come w/a kidney belt.

10. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

All the loot spent on those shocks he could have bought 12"springs and did the lift the right way!

11. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Ok, some of those were pretty outrageous. But:
    I seem to be missing the point on a few of them. I own a Dodge Ram 4wd, my neighbor has a Ford F350 4wd, more than a few of my buddies have Jeep YJs, CJs, and TJs, and a couple of guys I know have Toyota 4wds. All of these trucks run a crossover steering system that is very similar to a lot of those pictures. What is it that makes crossovers that are modelled after these vehicles scary besides being on a GM platform? Now, before anyone jumps on me, I agree that quite a few of them are scary, but it looked to me like a couple were very safe and functional. Possibly overdone, but they are admittedly safe. The other 4wd manufacturers have been using the same type of crossover steering for years, but GM hadnt caught up yet by the end of the 80s. I modelled my newly built setup after my Dodge Ram 1500 4x4. The only difference is the slight angle that my crossover link has on it. I had to bend the link into a slight 'S' shape to make it work, but its gusseted at the bend for strength. Actually, there is two differences. I didnt spend a fortune on all the 'proper' steering arm, crossover link, hy steer/ hydraulic ram assist/ steering box/ chainlink steering wheel that many guys seem to think you need to run a safe truck. I do get a tiny bit of bump steer, but I also havent installed my stabilizer yet. So, is this a case of everyone jumping on the bandwagon and slamming these guys cause everyone else is? Or is it that all the 4wd makers except GM are running scary setups?
    Flame on if you feel the need, but I dont really see the need to slam anyone that does something without spending all the big $$ to do it. As long as its done safely... am I right?

Mike

12. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[​IMG] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Jiminy Christmas.....look at those blocks!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe some of these guys could recycle all the metal in the blocks and those big ars u bolts, and then they could afford to buy springs instead. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Thanks Marv.... That was good fer a giggle or two... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

Marv, ya just gotta remember that some peoples thinkin just ain't been right since the Iraqies bombed Pearl Harbor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif But seriously, It's scary to think some of these life forms drive these things and think they're master craftsmen /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Thanks for the pics. OLD Dawg

15. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That was funny stuff, but the guy who runs that site sure has some anger issues. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif