Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bored - did something....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RootBreaker, Jul 26, 2006.

1. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

didnt know where to put this as maybe someone will find it useful on a bushwacker cutout flare search... if people actually use that search thingy-mo-bobber
    ok so for NJ lift laws I am required to keep the tires in the fenders... so i have bushwackers...
    well for people that dont know.. the rear cutouts allow for 2" in front and 2" in rear of fenderwell... or you can shift it 4" one way as I did...
    for the front it is worse.. you get 1" front and rear of well which I did.... or 2" if you shift it....

so with my 6" skyjacker softrides (compress to 5" and are new) plus my 1" ord zero rate...
    I can do this...
    [​IMG]

so I got bored... wife has been preggo'd..... and I have not been able to go out.. need to be on standby if she needs me.. would suck if im in the woods and she goes in labor.. so now I have finally went out and touched the truck...
    cut the inner fender well up against the cab out... right under the bolt that holds the fenderwell to the cab... then I cut the front of the fender off.. that nubb... then cut the bushwacker... trimmed the inner bushwacker too.....
    I know this is lame but hey... got something done for once....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the other stupid thing I did was took my heater control unit out and sprayed 1/2 can of wd40 in there and worked the switch.. now my fan works.... YAY....

with kiddo born now.. it will be a few weeks but I WILL BE OUT SOON!!!! NEED TO GO OUT !!!!!!

2. MarcS

MarcS 1/2 ton status

Looks good.

:grind: :hack:

Congratulations on the new kid.

3. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I did the exact same thing to my inner liners way back. now I just run without them.

4. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

I've been wanting to do that to me inners too. Just haven't got around to it yet. Looks good.

5. blazeonchevy

blazeonchevy 1/2 ton status

lookin good congrats on the kid! i wish when i got bored i would work on my truck.. prolly just dont have any parts to put on it or anything...

i got bored tonight and built a catapult at 3:00 am.....:doah: