Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Borego shackle flips

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TULSAK5, Jul 23, 2002.

1. TULSAK5

TULSAK5 Registered Member

I'm going to do a shackle flip and think this one is more suitable for my 6" lift. Who has them and what are the likes/dislikes, concerns, comments?

2. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

In the Parts For Sale forum you can find about a page or two back, a notice saying he wasnt selling them through here any more. He is however selling them through his web site. You will find a link to said site in his add.

I kinda like those too... I keep wondering if they would work on my 72.

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I've got them in my truck with 6" of spring in front. I also installed ORD's Zero Rates w/1,5" offset in the rear. After install, the truck sat almost level. 1/4" lower in the rear - on stock rear springs w 55k on them.

I dropped the truck off a ledge the other day, and WHAILED his flip. The shackle took most of the damage (slightly bent), but the actual flip piece didn't distort or bend at all!

I would recommend BorregoK5's parts to anyone looking for a *economical* shackle flip! Easy payment methods too! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

-Dan

4. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I'm still trying to locate a first gen to take measurements off of. Nobody brings their first gens out to play around here these days (Harry, Arq, hint hint!).

5. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

If we bolt a couple of lawn chairs to Harry's frame, we could take a spin around the block. However, he's got the ORD flip already installed so that would do you no good anyway.

I'm going with the world famous Borrego flip when I do my lift.

6. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

If you come up this way to play, I'll let you measure mine.

I am tempted to just pick up a pair. If they dont fit on mine I could resell them. Engineering by triel and error don't ya know.