Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Borgeson steering shafts?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Mar 23, 2002.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Was wondering if anybody here has installed one in there rig and what how much it helped remove any steerin slop you may have had..

Chris

2. LA Bogger

LA Bogger 1/2 ton status

Put one on my Jeep was the best thing I put on it. Haven't put one on the K-5 yet..

Eat More Mud!!

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i am gonna get one soon.... though I may pay the extra $40 and get a flaming river shaft... they look pretty sweet too. Sorry its OT for the post... but anyone have a FR shaft?

J

4. roostr3269

roostr3269 1/2 ton status

I just got one from Borgeson, and put it on my '72. I havent got the motor started up yet, so not real sure how it works, but it looks good, lol.

5. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I've got one from flaming river on my 80. Their customer service is OK. They sent me the wrong joint (which they promptly corrected) for one end and they send them extra long for body lifts and other mods. Don't make the mistake I made of painting it before modifying it to fit. I opted for the vibration dampener. I can't believe the tighter feel I have now, but most of it is due to a completely worn out rag-joint so even a new one of those would have made a difference. This thing is sweet looking and will last a long time. Also the joints are rebuildable/replaceable if there is ever a problem (but I don't think I'll have to worry about that for a long time).

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

cool lead foot... thanks for the info!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

J