Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Borrego Shackle Flip v. ORD

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Buzz, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Buzz

Buzz Registered Member

What are the similarities and differences of the Borrego flip and the ORD flip? Beside the obvious price dif.

2. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

well borregos is way easier to install , but with ORD you can get a 4 " or 2 " . im personally going to make my own and use 57" ford f150 srpings , if i can find a set . ....

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

The ORD shackle flip is a replacement hanger which is stronger than stock and inverts the shackle mount . It requires you to drop the gas tank, grind the rivets off the stock hanger and bolt it to the frame. It comes in a 2" or 4" lift from the current spring height, less depending on the condition of the stock leafs. It places the shackle mount forward or backward an inch for an improved shackle angle. Its a good solution for people with the capabilities listed above who might bend a stock hanger under severe conditions or need the flip to provide less that 4".

My bracket is designed to securely bolt to the bottom of the stock hanger and provide an inverted mount from which to relocate your shackle. There is no modification to the original hanger, its constructed of stronger material than its surroundings and does not require dropping the tank. This provides 5 3/4" of lift over current spring height. Most people get an actual lift of 4 - 4 1/2" on thier springs, especially ones previously running blocks. These also relocate the shackle mount forward or backward 1" for an improved shackle postision with various length springs. A good solution for those needing the flip to provide from 4" on up.

4. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I Just installed a set of BorregoK5's brackets(1 inch offset to the rear with a set of 1.5 inch lengthened shackles and 57 inch ford springs. I was running 6 inch springs in the rear before and with the new combo I am about 1/2 inch lower in the rear now. This setup flexes like crazy! It is definitely time for some fender trimming.

I would also like to add the brackets from Borrego are very good quality and I would highly recommend.

Mike