Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bosch fan

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mrivan, Sep 17, 2000.

1. mrivan

mrivan 1/2 ton status

Sep 10, 2000
    I have been pulling big firewood trailer with newly running 2 wd k5 (454 -400 conversion) the grades are steep here in the coastal mts. of Oregon so was overheating as the only radaitor I had handy was a 3 core out of a 79 suburban that had a 350 in it ,it cools ok untill I try to pull long grades fully loaded .yesterday I installed a big round bosch electric fan out of a 74 240 D Mercedes in front of my radiator and tranny cooler ,the stock grill still fits and it droped the temp about 40 degres on the same mt. I was over heating on ,these fans are noisy but put out a lot of air and are very well made.....
  2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Feb 17, 2000
    Good knowledge to have. You using it as a "pusher" fan in front of the radiator now?

I have my 406 SB almost ready to fire off - we added electric fans (have a 4 core radiator) and I am hoping that they will keep it cool enough. Good to know a boneyard part off a Mercedes might be another option if I need it.

Did you just wire it with an on/off switch or thermostatically controlled?

Oregon - greatest place on earth! Well, at least in this country........

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>http:// www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com