Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bosch platinum 4208 plugs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Aug 5, 2005.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

4208 bosch platinum plugs

would these be ok for a stock untouched '70's 350 engine running 90 octane and stock timing/advance ?

anyone have any idea how to decode bosch numbers and can find out heat range and all that ?

i have a box of these brand new ive never used, so i thought id try and find out about them to see if i wanna use them or toss them

thanks for anything

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

some advice..

I dont have a conversion chart...but I'd toss them and buy AC or Autolites...we had many cars we put Bosch platinum plugs in that ran worse AFTER the tune up than when they came in!..more than a few had a "skip".like it had a dead plug wire--pull the plug out,and they looked like they were brand new--but they misfired!..put the old plug back in (or a new AC or autolite) and it ran fine again! :screwy: ..

I guess they only work right in certain vehicles that require platinum plugs,like 2000 up models...had no luck with them in my older trucks,and many cars at the shop I tried them in..some went a week or two before croaking,some never fired right out of the box... :doah: :crazy:

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

wow, very interesting,

anyone else have any info on this one

what about the supers by bosch ?

ive run them in a few chevies in the past and had no issues,

is it the platinums that arent so good ?
    i dont like how the electrodes look on the plats, look like tiny electrode tips
    big time..

hmmm

thanks

4. puckhead

puckhead 1/2 ton status

Bosch platinum plugs arent made for old school mouse motors. Whenever we have a car with bosch platinums come into the shop its usually has a running problem.

In fact ive had emission failures with brand new bosch platinums and all I've done is change plugs and they sail right thru.

IMO Bosch platinums are junk give me a Ac Delco platinum pro over a bosch any day or an Autolite or a Champion just anything but bosch platinum

Now that being said I have not fooled around with the supers, and near as I can tell those +4 platinums are in the same boat as the regular platinums