Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Boss 200 Watt Amp

Discussion in 'Audio' started by RockaFella, Oct 30, 2002.

1. RockaFella

RockaFella Registered Member

I just Bought me a Boss 200 Watt Amp AVA-200M and i was Wondering if anyone had one I just baught mine Today (10-30-02) and i would like to know if its any good! I will try to upload a Pic /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Rebel-Rider

Rebel-Rider 1/2 ton status

in my opinion boss is one of the cheapest amps out there my friend has a 3000 watt boss amp and it puts out about 350 watts rms all depending on what u plan on running with the amp it may or may not work for you

3. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

Im sorry but Im gonna have to agree, boss amps pretty much well suck. I dont wanna be rude, Ive had some pretty cheap stuff to before I started working alot and dumping alot of money into my stereo, before I had jensen and crunch friend had a kraco. all of these sounded horrible. unfortunatly amps is one place you get what you pay for. but ebay can be your friends. I now have a orion HCCA 2100 watt amp thats normally about 1200 bucks but i got it for 400. one thing to look at when getting an amp house or car. look at what the power does when the ohms are cut in half. thats a good way to judge the current capability of the amp and try to find one with a high damping factor. damping factor is the amps ability to control unwanted cone motion. unwanted con motion is distortion. for example my HCCA ( very high current ) is 2x100 at 4ohm 2x200 at 2 ohm 2x400 at 1 ohm and 2x800 at .5 ohm ( or 1600 at 1 ohm mono ). peronally I like the sound of orions its very tight and you can find really good deals on ebay